
I have better shots of this nag. but this one is how I see her everyday, waiting for me at the fence to bring out the food. Not glamorous or striking or anything. Not to mention she is badly in need of me to pull the burs off of her. Nice forelock, she reminds me of Lucy Ricardo when her forelock is all curled up with cockleburs. But I like this time of year because the horses are waiting on pins and needles to get fed, watered , or thrown hay. And they are so much happier to see me once it gets cold. It makes it worth it to haul my butt out in the freezing cold to feed and check on them.

6 comments:
So they can take you or leave you in the nice weather, huh? Well, it looks like you're appreciated now!
What a beauty and she looks huge! Nice to be appreciated, isn't?
I was gonna say she looks large as well! I love the light in this photo and how it falls off. Horses are so fickle. :)
When its nice out and the grass is good they run from me.... not always but enough.. every spring we have to discuss who is in charge.
She's tall but she is svelte.. and a natural redhead to boot, I'm a little jealous, being I'm short, fluffy, and I have to dye my hair...
At first glance I thought she looked about 300 pounds heavier than she is, but the more I looked at the pic I decided she didn't really look fat, and she isn't, she is nice and trim. Pretty soon she'll have to be wearing her winter blanket.
Glad its not just ours that run in the summer when you want to ride and then love you in the winter when they want hard food, lol
I think it might be a universal horse thing.
Post a Comment