
because I took a quick icky photo of my big bare wall over my big bare brick fireplace. I want to make a photo wall using some of my favorite prints.. and so I was thinking and brainstorming..
I'm asking for thoughts and opinions, This is a fast and loose interpretation of what I want to do, no formal cropping or sizing, but I made some a little bigger other smaller according to how I think they look good.
For reference, the fireplace is 7 ' wide and from the top to the ceiling is 4' 3". I'm thinking prints mounted on foam core so every once in a while I can change them out, add new favorites.
Thoughts opinions... lay it on me.

8 comments:
I like it! It's a lot of interest. Pleasing to glance at or to sit and really look at each piece.
i love that idea, and I think the foam core is a great idea too, even if you just move the same pictures around it would give it a whole new look! Be sure to post the finished wall when you get done with it!
That is such a great idea! I like it and can't wait to see the finished product!
I love the idea (and those are some great pics too!)
The only thing I might change, you have a lot of bare wall to the side there, much more space for some stunning prints ;)
Will they be be framed? In black or dark? I love all of the different sized pictures but, JMO, I think all of the elements together should equal a big square or rectangle in the end. KWIM? I think it's a great idea.
I went back and enlarged your picture for a closer look. I really like it just the way it is! Really nice.
I was thinking kinda along the same lines as Sandra's original thought - I like the layout, but I might put that layout on a black rectangle background. Does that make sense? To pull all the photos together, and put some boundaries on the "piece". You have a great idea here!
You know Elli i had wondered if i would like a background "canvas" behind them all.. my initial thought was to use something I could velcro to.. and I'm still rolling it around in my head.. but I wasn't sure I'd really like it.
I thought about trying to size everything so there was no open space in between, but I dont think what I will loose in sanity on that adventure is worth what I'd gain in a different look.
Post a Comment