Sunday, March 1, 2009

more egg photos.

This morning I was greeted by 3 identical smooth perfect pink eggs. Conversely, last night when I checked the egg box I was greeted by these three cuties. All radically different. Green, pink with white speckles, and tan with brown freckles. I really liked the way they looked together and I really like the way they photograph together; I'm back to thinking about making Easter cards. Maybe I'll use one of these photos.




This was the last egg laid today, laid this afternoon, by my best laying hen, Guinny.. (don't I sound like a chicken farmer for sure) She lays extra Jumbo eggs, and she's very consistent. At any rate, I have all of Guinny's eggs set aside to take to Grandpa. It's a small thing, but one I feel compelled to do.

3 comments:

Elli said...

Those eggs are beautiful! That last one is huge!

Sandra said...

#4 would make for a very nice card! They are nice looking eggs (hmm, sounds strange saying that).

Thistle Creek Photography said...

We were shocked when we started to get those the first fall we had chickens. They don't even fit the jumbo carton.

A lot of folks that raise chickens say it gets to be an obsession.. I can totally see why.. I really want some blue layers, and I'd like another green layer...

It's very much like wanting more camera equipment. lol!