
More eggs! I know that is what everyone wants to see. But I wanted a picture that would show the different sizes of the eggs. That white egg in the center is your average grade A large egg. Had to buy some eggs last week. No one was laying. Clockwise from the top. An egg from the new Chickens, smallest one they have laid, it has a nice dark color. Another two from the new Chickens, most are this size, notice none of them are green or blue. :( Next that larger medium brown egg, I don't know who laid it. I'm guessing from the size it was one of the Older chickens, if it was a new girl I bet it hurt! next is a nice light brown from a new girl, I think the whitest hen is laying those. it is almost the size of the store bought egg. That last egg at 9 o'clock in the picture, it is the very last egg the older "girls" laid before they quite laying, do you see how big it is compared to the store egg? they taste better too. ;)
Maybe when the weather gets nice I will get some nice pictures of the flock. They move like toddlers, darn hard to get good pictures of them.

1 comment:
This is great! I love your comparison...it's very informative to people like me who have never been around chickens.
Post a Comment