
Stopped for coffee on my way out of town to go see my Grandmother in the hospital. It was the only thing that went right all day. The day was grey, and foggy, and cold.
And cruel.
At 88, she has been diagnosed with cancer, and quite a bit of it. The doctors give her maybe a month. Grandma has not been healthy for a very very long time. Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, Congestive Heart Failure. We are not shocked to know she is dying, but we are little surprised by what is the final blow. We are shedding our selfish tears for our loss, and we are shedding not so selfish tears for my Grandfather, who is not ready to let go.

6 comments:
Michelle, I keep not seeing your blog updates, it my blog for some reason is not picking them up! :(
You have some great photos in these past few days
So sorry to hear about your grandmother, hope she can stay happy and at peace
So sorry about your grandma. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.
Thank you both for kind thoughts. Keep my Grandpa in your prayers it's going to be hardest on him. The day I was at the hospital he was going to not eat, because he just didn't want to, I think he'd starve to death in less than 3 days and might be willing to do it on purpose.
Eric, I'm backdating the posts, if you look at the tag "backstep" you will find them all.
I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother. What a difficult time for your family.
I was wondering why I wasn't getting the updates too...that makes so much more sense now!
Oh, I am so sorry about your grandfather as well, they will both be in my prayers!
Thanks for explaining the mysterious updates
Thank You Elli.
I thought I had explained before that I like to backdate.. I think its the need to have the blog orderly and neat, because unlike the house I can accomplish it on the blog!
Post a Comment